If you are using a Google Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro, remember to update your smartphone today. Google is rolling out the April’s security update for these smartphones.
According to Google’s memo, these updates include specific charging performance improvements and camera fixes for Google Pixel 6 series. Other improvements for Pixel smartphones running Android 12 include user interface crashing issues and etc.
You can update the software by going to Settings > System > System Update. Below are the various improvements in this April update, as released by Google.
Battery & Power
- Additional improvements for wireless charging performance with certain accessories *.
- Fix for issue causing front-facing camera preview in certain apps to appear zoomed in *.
- Fix for issue occasionally causing green screen to appear in camera preview *.
- Fix for crash in System UI while using apps in Picture-in-Picture (PIP) mode in certain conditions *.
- Fix for issue causing error message to display when setting up certain live wallpapers *.
- Fix for issue causing notification shade and Quick Settings to appear invisible after changing wallpaper in certain conditions *.
- Fix for issue occasionally causing animation to display incorrectly when canceling a search in the app drawer *.
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing navigation in overview screen while TalkBack is active *.
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing recents button to show the overview while using 3-button navigation with third party launchers *.
* Included on Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 5, Pixel 5a (5G), Pixel 6 & Pixel 6 Pro
* Included on Pixel 6 & Pixel 6 Pro